27 January 2012

taking care of my little broken camera

I recently sent my tiny digital camera to the manufacturer for repair under its warranty and got a message that said it would cost $130 (that's what I paid for this refurbished camera when I bought it) for them to send me a "new" refurbished camera to replace this one because they couldn't repair it. The reason I think it's sort of a scam is that this camera works fine on the inside, it's just a gently broken lens cover! I figured they would have sold me another one for $130, then repaired mine and sold it, too. Wouldn't that be classic? Well, I had them return it to me instead, so I'm just gonna keep using it. I made this case to protect the lens, which stays open even when the camera's off. Yay. 

Made from bright fabric scraps – great for not losing it – and cushioned using scraps from a wool sweater that I wore long after it died... it's all hand-stitched together.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how you created your camera bag with reused materials that will cushion your camera! I like the bright colors you selected for the outside for both practical reasons & for aesthetic looks. Your handstitched camera bag is lovely -- what a great reuser you are! Good luck on the longevity of your refurbished camera! What a scam! You can get new ones for less than what you paid for your refurbished one now. Photo on!

M D